Depoe Bay Wooden Boat Festival

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 19, 2006
      It's not the biggest, but it's the NICEST wooden boat festival on the West
      Coast. This weekend, the 22nd & 23rd, in Depoe Bay, Oregon (between
      Newport and Lincoln City). There may even be an Atkin boat attending, if
      Pat gets his Scandal far enough along. <g>

      http://www.boat-links.com/DepoeBay/

      I'm taking my sailing skiff, Pickle. Hope to see your there!

      When men come to love sea-life, they are not fit to live on
      land. <Samuel Johnson>
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2008
        Here are some photos I took at the festival at Depoe Bay, Oregon last
        month:

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkohnen/sets/72157604839150050/

        The way to fight a woman is with your hat. Grab it and run.
        <John Barrymore>

          Message 4 of 9 , May 3, 2008
            John...thanks for sharing the pictures of the Depoe Bay Woodenboat Festival (didn't know they had one)i lived in Coos Bay, and will be returning in the Fall, so i will be taking my Dolly Vardon to this show, as well as others in Washington/Oregon...i will be sending pictures of the re-build i have been doing, to put my Dolly Vardon back the way she was designed..i have a 4HP Lauson Inboard in her.
            Thanks again, Joaquin O'Mahoney

            John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote: Here are some photos I took at the festival at Depoe Bay, Oregon last

            --
            John
            The way to fight a woman is with your hat. Grab it and run.

            ------------------------------------

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • DirtSailor
            Message 5 of 9 , May 3, 2008
              Joaquin,

              If you make it back in time there is the Toledo Wooden Boat show in Toledo, Oregon, Aug 23-24.

              Dirtsailor

              John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat- links.com> wrote: Here are some photos I took at the festival at Depoe Bay, Oregon last
              month:

              http://www.flickr com/photos/ jkohnen/sets/ 7215760483915005 0/

              --
              John
              The way to fight a woman is with your hat. Grab it and run.

              ------------ --------- --------- ------

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • JOAQUIN OMAHONY
              Message 6 of 9 , May 3, 2008
                thanks a lot, i am glad to hear there are so many more woden boat festivals...when i had my business in Port Orchard, there was nly Olympia and Seattle, Port Townsend and Victoria...i hope to make this date...
                Joaquin

                DirtSailor <dirtsailor2003@...> wrote: Joaquin,

                Message 7 of 9 , May 6, 2008
                  And the Eugene Yacht Club Wooden Boat Show August 16, and lots of
                  messabouts:

                  http://www.coots.org/calendar/

                  Depoe Bay and Toledo are the nicest boat shows around!

                  On Sat, 03 May 2008 08:43:10 -0700, DirtSailor wrote:

                  > If you make it back in time there is the Toledo Wooden Boat show in
                  > Toledo, Oregon, Aug 23-24.

                  His heart was bound in oak and triple brass who first committed
                  a fragile bark to the raging sea... <Horace>
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 6, 2008
                    I often get down to the Bay Area. There's always something interesting
                    going on at the Charleston shipyard and down on the docks. I'm sure
                    looking forward to seeing your Dolly Varden in the flesh! Where will you
                    keep her? Is that an air-cooled Lauson?

                    On Sat, 03 May 2008 06:53:55 -0700, Joaquin wrote:

                    > i lived in Coos Bay, and will be returning in the Fall, so i will be
                    > taking my Dolly Vardon to this show, as well as others in
                    > Washington/Oregon...i will be sending pictures of the re-build i have
                    > been doing, to put my Dolly Vardon back the way she was designed..i have
                    > a 4HP Lauson Inboard in her.

                    History is a vast early warning system. <Norman Cousins>
                  • JOAQUIN OMAHONY
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 7, 2008
                      Hi John...will keep you informed...The Lauson is a Water Cooled, 4 Cycle, built in 1940...i will keep her in Coos Bay, or Charleston...she is on a trailer.
                      Joaquin

                      John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote: I often get down to the Bay Area. There's always something interesting
                      going on at the Charleston shipyard and down on the docks. I'm sure
                      looking forward to seeing your Dolly Varden in the flesh! Where will you
                      keep her? Is that an air-cooled Lauson?

                      On Sat, 03 May 2008 06:53:55 -0700, Joaquin wrote:

                      > i lived in Coos Bay, and will be returning in the Fall, so i will be
                      > taking my Dolly Vardon to this show, as well as others in
                      > Washington/Oregon...i will be sending pictures of the re-build i have
                      > been doing, to put my Dolly Vardon back the way she was designed..i have
                      > a 4HP Lauson Inboard in her.

                      John