Re: Katydid and Photos

  • Kerry
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 18, 2006
      I have no history of the boat, I thought that mayby someone in this
      group might know. The boat was given to me by a very nice gent who
      just wanted her out of his barn. I do have the katydidn't, I forgot
      to mension that in my last message.

      Cheers

      In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "John Kohnen" <jkohnen@...> wrote:

      > Wow, a Katydid! Nice boat! Mrs. Atkin will sell you a set of plans
      for 1/2
      > price since you own the boat. Do you know anything about your new
      boats
      > history? Now you need to build a Katydidn't for a tender. <g>
      >
      > http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Sail/Katydid.html
      >
      > I look forward to seeing pictures. If you email, or snail mail, me
      > high-rez copies I can put them into the photo album we take to boat
      shows.
      > If you'd like me to put photos into the Atkin photo page I like 800
      x 600
      > (or 600 x 800) pixel JPEGs compressed to a file size of less than
      80K, or
      > I can resize the high-rez images for that use. Contact info is here:
      >
      > http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/
      >
      > On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:35:29 -0700, Kerry wrote:
      >
      > > Hi there,
      > > I have just aquired a 1936 william atkins design, called the
      katydid,
      > > and was wondering if anyone would have any information on the
      boat, I
      > > sailed her last summer and she was a blast. I am looking to
      restore her
      > > back to the way she should be.
      >
      > --
      > John <jkohnen@...>
      > Love is the delightful interval between meeting a beautiful girl
      > and discovering she looks like a haddock. <John Barrymore>

    • boatvideo
      Message 2 of 9 , May 23, 2006
        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Kerry" <coorsfrog@...> wrote:
        > Hi - lucky you - have just ordered Katydid plans to check it out
        more thoroughly - anyway you'd let a stranger come take a look at your
        boat? - thanks, ryan
        > Hi there,
        > I have just aquired a 1936 william atkins design, called the katydid,
        > and was wondering if anyone would have any information on the boat, I
        > sailed her last summer and she was a blast. I am looking to restore her
        > back to the way she should be.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Kerry
        >
        > I will post some pictures

      • k forsythe
        Message 3 of 9 , May 24, 2006
          Right On I have never seen the plans, and sure Ryan,
          you can have a look at the boat, where about are you
          located??

          --- boatvideo <ryanschnare@...> wrote:

          > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Kerry"
          > <coorsfrog@...> wrote:
          > > Hi - lucky you - have just ordered Katydid plans
          > to check it out
          > more thoroughly - anyway you'd let a stranger come
          > take a look at your
          > boat? - thanks, ryan
          > > Hi there,
          > > I have just aquired a 1936 william atkins design,
          > called the katydid,
          > > and was wondering if anyone would have any
          > information on the boat, I
          > > sailed her last summer and she was a blast. I am
          > looking to restore her
          > > back to the way she should be.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Kerry
          > >
          > > I will post some pictures

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • boatvideo
          Message 4 of 9 , May 24, 2006
            --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, k forsythe <coorsfrog@...> wrote:
            >thanks for the positive response - i live in alexandria, virginia,
            just outside washington dc - and you?
            > Right On I have never seen the plans, and sure Ryan,
            > you can have a look at the boat, where about are you
            > located??
            >
            > --- boatvideo <ryanschnare@...> wrote:
            >
            > > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Kerry"
            > > <coorsfrog@> wrote:
            > > > Hi - lucky you - have just ordered Katydid plans
            > > to check it out
            > > more thoroughly - anyway you'd let a stranger come
            > > take a look at your
            > > boat? - thanks, ryan
            > > > Hi there,
            > > > I have just aquired a 1936 william atkins design,
            > > called the katydid,
            > > > and was wondering if anyone would have any
            > > information on the boat, I
            > > > sailed her last summer and she was a blast. I am
            > > looking to restore her
            > > > back to the way she should be.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks
            > > > Kerry
            > > >
            > > > I will post some pictures

            > http://mail.yahoo.com

          • k forsythe
            Message 5 of 9 , May 24, 2006
              I live in Picton Ontario, its about 2 hrs east of
              Toronto. I could send you some pictures if you want..

              --- boatvideo <ryanschnare@...> wrote:

              > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, k forsythe
              > <coorsfrog@...> wrote:
              > >thanks for the positive response - i live in
              > alexandria, virginia,
              > just outside washington dc - and you?
              > > Right On I have never seen the plans, and sure
              > Ryan,
              > > you can have a look at the boat, where about are
              > you
              > > located??
              > >
              > > --- boatvideo <ryanschnare@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Kerry"
              > plans
              > > > to check it out
              > > > more thoroughly - anyway you'd let a stranger
              > come
              > > > take a look at your
              > > > boat? - thanks, ryan
              > design,