1936 Katydid

  • Kerry
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 12, 2006
      Hi there,
      I have just aquired a 1936 william atkins design, called the katydid,
      and was wondering if anyone would have any information on the boat, I
      sailed her last summer and she was a blast. I am looking to restore her
      back to the way she should be.

      Thanks
      Kerry

      I will post some pictures
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
        Wow, a Katydid! Nice boat! Mrs. Atkin will sell you a set of plans for 1/2
        price since you own the boat. Do you know anything about your new boats
        history? Now you need to build a Katydidn't for a tender. <g>

        http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Sail/Katydid.html

        I look forward to seeing pictures. If you email, or snail mail, me
        high-rez copies I can put them into the photo album we take to boat shows.
        If you'd like me to put photos into the Atkin photo page I like 800 x 600
        (or 600 x 800) pixel JPEGs compressed to a file size of less than 80K, or
        I can resize the high-rez images for that use. Contact info is here:

        http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/

        On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:35:29 -0700, Kerry wrote:

        > Hi there,
        > I have just aquired a 1936 william atkins design, called the katydid,
        > and was wondering if anyone would have any information on the boat, I
        > sailed her last summer and she was a blast. I am looking to restore her
        > back to the way she should be.

        Love is the delightful interval between meeting a beautiful girl
        and discovering she looks like a haddock. <John Barrymore>
      • waltbald
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
          I looked at the Katydid catalog writeup, but I decided it was too
          avant-garde for me. I guess I just haven't kept up with the past.

          Walter Owens

          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Kerry" <coorsfrog@...> wrote:

          > Hi there,
          > I have just aquired a 1936 william atkins design, called the katydid,
          > and was wondering if anyone would have any information on the boat, I
          > sailed her last summer and she was a blast. I am looking to restore her
          > back to the way she should be.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Kerry
          >
          > I will post some pictures

        • Kerry
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 18, 2006
            I have no history of the boat, I thought that mayby someone in this
            group might know. The boat was given to me by a very nice gent who
            just wanted her out of his barn. I do have the katydidn't, I forgot
            to mension that in my last message.

            Cheers

            In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "John Kohnen" <jkohnen@...> wrote:

            > Wow, a Katydid! Nice boat! Mrs. Atkin will sell you a set of plans
            for 1/2
            > price since you own the boat. Do you know anything about your new
            boats
            > history? Now you need to build a Katydidn't for a tender. <g>
            >
            > http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Sail/Katydid.html
            >
            > I look forward to seeing pictures. If you email, or snail mail, me
            > high-rez copies I can put them into the photo album we take to boat
            shows.
            > If you'd like me to put photos into the Atkin photo page I like 800
            x 600
            > (or 600 x 800) pixel JPEGs compressed to a file size of less than
            80K, or
            > I can resize the high-rez images for that use. Contact info is here:
            >
            > http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/
            >
            > On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:35:29 -0700, Kerry wrote:
            >
            > > Hi there,
            > > I have just aquired a 1936 william atkins design, called the
            katydid,
            > > and was wondering if anyone would have any information on the
            boat, I
            > > sailed her last summer and she was a blast. I am looking to
            restore her
            > > back to the way she should be.
            >
            > --
            > John <jkohnen@...>
            > Love is the delightful interval between meeting a beautiful girl
            > and discovering she looks like a haddock. <John Barrymore>

          • boatvideo
            Message 5 of 9 , May 23 6:03 PM
              --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Kerry" <coorsfrog@...> wrote:
              > Hi - lucky you - have just ordered Katydid plans to check it out
              more thoroughly - anyway you'd let a stranger come take a look at your
              boat? - thanks, ryan
              > Hi there,
              > I have just aquired a 1936 william atkins design, called the katydid,
              > and was wondering if anyone would have any information on the boat, I
              > sailed her last summer and she was a blast. I am looking to restore her
              > back to the way she should be.
              >
              > Thanks
              > Kerry
              >
              > I will post some pictures

            • k forsythe
              Message 6 of 9 , May 24 9:13 AM
                Right On I have never seen the plans, and sure Ryan,
                you can have a look at the boat, where about are you
                located??

                --- boatvideo <ryanschnare@...> wrote:

                > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Kerry"
                > <coorsfrog@...> wrote:
                > > Hi - lucky you - have just ordered Katydid plans
                > to check it out
                > more thoroughly - anyway you'd let a stranger come
                > take a look at your
                > boat? - thanks, ryan
                > > Hi there,
                > > I have just aquired a 1936 william atkins design,
                > called the katydid,
                > > and was wondering if anyone would have any
                > information on the boat, I
                > > sailed her last summer and she was a blast. I am
                > looking to restore her
                > > back to the way she should be.
                > >
                > > Thanks
                > > Kerry
                > >
                > > I will post some pictures

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • boatvideo
                Message 7 of 9 , May 24 6:28 PM
                  --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, k forsythe <coorsfrog@...> wrote:
                  >thanks for the positive response - i live in alexandria, virginia,
                  just outside washington dc - and you?
                  > Right On I have never seen the plans, and sure Ryan,
                  > you can have a look at the boat, where about are you
                  > located??
                  >
                  > --- boatvideo <ryanschnare@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Kerry"
                  > > <coorsfrog@> wrote:
                  > > > Hi - lucky you - have just ordered Katydid plans
                  > > to check it out
                  > > more thoroughly - anyway you'd let a stranger come
                  > > take a look at your
                  > > boat? - thanks, ryan
                  > > > Hi there,
                  > > > I have just aquired a 1936 william atkins design,
                  > > called the katydid,
                  > > > and was wondering if anyone would have any
                  > > information on the boat, I
                  > > > sailed her last summer and she was a blast. I am
                  > > looking to restore her
                  > > > back to the way she should be.
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks
                  > > > Kerry
                  > > >
                  > > > I will post some pictures

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                • k forsythe
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 24 7:52 PM
                    I live in Picton Ontario, its about 2 hrs east of
                    Toronto. I could send you some pictures if you want..

                    --- boatvideo <ryanschnare@...> wrote:

                    > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, k forsythe
                    > <coorsfrog@...> wrote:
                    > >thanks for the positive response - i live in
                    > alexandria, virginia,
                    > just outside washington dc - and you?
                    > > Right On I have never seen the plans, and sure
                    > Ryan,
                    > > you can have a look at the boat, where about are
                    > you
                    > > located??
                    > >
                    > > --- boatvideo <ryanschnare@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Kerry"
                    > plans
                    > > > to check it out
                    > > > more thoroughly - anyway you'd let a stranger
                    > come
                    > > > take a look at your
                    > > > boat? - thanks, ryan
                    > design,