955Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Economy Jane

  • JohnyM7@excite.com
    Mar 4, 2006
      Hi David, It's been a while since I've checked the postings, so I'm a little late with a reply. Mr. Atkin allowed space for a one-lunger under the bridge deck. These engines can still be found in good working order and appear on ebay from time to time. You might consider installing one as it might be simpler than an outboard on a double ender. Good luck with your boat. JohnM--- On Thu 03/02, david judd < dgj02000@... > wrote:From: david judd [mailto: dgj02000@...]To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.comDate: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:50:19 -0800 (PST)Subject: Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Economy JaneI was thinking about a side bracket and long shaft so it looks like I'm not alone with that. I'm also thinking of her as long-term affordable (I hope) housing which would call for shortening the length of the port-hand seat to allow fitting a wood/coal stove with an attached water heater. Otherwise we should suit each other well based on her design as is. More resources and more
      ambition might allow building Mink, but that looks unlikely. In any case before building Jane I will first build Precious. If you would care to offer anything more about this design I would be pleased to hear it. Thanks for writing. All the best Dave Judd waltbald wrote: It's hard to find a good place to put an outboard on a double enderlike that. I wonder if you could install an outboard so that the propis located right where it would be for an inboard motor. Otherwise youneed a bracket on the side and a motor that is light enough to deployor stow while underway.Economy Jane is one of my favorites. I'd be glad to hear more aboutwhat you think of her.best regards,Walter Owens--- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "dgj02000" wrote:>> > Have been reading the study plans for Economy Jane for a couple of weeks> and have a question about her. I would be grateful if someone would take> the time to answer it.> > What would be the best way to fit an
      outboard engine and what kind of> engine would work best? Thanks.> > Dave> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>No flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery. Please be polite. If you set out to build an Atkin boat, please do not modify the plans. If you stray from the plans you do so at your own risk and Atkin & Co. will take no responsibility for the performance of the resulting boat.The current Atkin boat plans catalog is online at <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/> SPONSORED LINKS Boat building design Building design Building design software Home building design Commercial building design Home building design plan --------------------------------- YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS Visit your group "AtkinBoats" on the web. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:AtkinBoats-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      Service. --------------------------------- ---------------------------------Yahoo! MailBring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]No flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery. Please be polite. If you set out to build an Atkin boat, please do not modify the plans. If you stray from the plans you do so at your own risk and Atkin & Co. will take no responsibility for the performance of the resulting boat.The current Atkin boat plans catalog is online at <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>