954Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Economy Jane

  • david judd
    Mar 3, 2006
      Gee, I wish I could but the skiff is for the grandbrat.

      Cheers

      waltbald <lwo2@...> wrote:
      Well, there's another option for you. Put a motor on the transom of
      your dinghy. If the wind dies and you have to get home, you fire up
      the dinghy and tow yourself in.

      have fun,

      Walter Owens

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, david judd <dgj02000@...> wrote:

      > I was thinking about a side bracket and long shaft so it looks like
      I'm not alone with that. I'm also thinking of her as long-term
      affordable (I hope) housing which would call for shortening the length
      of the port-hand seat to allow fitting a wood/coal stove with an
      attached water heater. Otherwise we should suit each other well based
      on her design as is. More resources and more ambition might allow
      building Mink, but that looks unlikely. In any case before building
      Jane I will first build Precious.

      > If you would care to offer anything more about this design I would
      be pleased to hear it. Thanks for writing.

      > All the best
      > Dave Judd
      >

      > waltbald <lwo2@...> wrote:
      > It's hard to find a good place to put an outboard on a double ender
      > like that. I wonder if you could install an outboard so that the prop
      > is located right where it would be for an inboard motor. Otherwise you
      > need a bracket on the side and a motor that is light enough to deploy
      > or stow while underway.
      >
      > Economy Jane is one of my favorites. I'd be glad to hear more about
      > what you think of her.
      >
      > best regards,
      >
      > Walter Owens
      >
      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "dgj02000" <dgj02000@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Have been reading the study plans for Economy Jane for a couple of
      weeks
      > > and have a question about her. I would be grateful if someone
      would take
      > > the time to answer it.
      > >
      > > What would be the best way to fit an outboard engine and what kind of
      > > engine would work best? Thanks.
      > >
      > > Dave

      polite.

      > If you set out to build an Atkin boat, please do not modify the
      plans. If you stray from the plans you do so at your own risk and
      Atkin & Co. will take no responsibility for the performance of the
      resulting boat.

      > <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

      > Boat building design Building design Building design
      software Home building design Commercial building design Home
      building design plan

      Service.