950Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Economy Jane

  • david judd
    Mar 2, 2006
      I was thinking about a side bracket and long shaft so it looks like I'm not alone with that. I'm also thinking of her as long-term affordable (I hope) housing which would call for shortening the length of the port-hand seat to allow fitting a wood/coal stove with an attached water heater. Otherwise we should suit each other well based on her design as is. More resources and more ambition might allow building Mink, but that looks unlikely. In any case before building Jane I will first build Precious.

      If you would care to offer anything more about this design I would be pleased to hear it. Thanks for writing.

      All the best
      Dave Judd

      waltbald <lwo2@...> wrote:
      It's hard to find a good place to put an outboard on a double ender
      like that. I wonder if you could install an outboard so that the prop
      is located right where it would be for an inboard motor. Otherwise you
      need a bracket on the side and a motor that is light enough to deploy
      or stow while underway.

      Economy Jane is one of my favorites. I'd be glad to hear more about
      what you think of her.

      best regards,

      Walter Owens

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "dgj02000" <dgj02000@...> wrote:

      > Have been reading the study plans for Economy Jane for a couple of weeks
      > and have a question about her. I would be grateful if someone would take
      > the time to answer it.
      >
      > What would be the best way to fit an outboard engine and what kind of
      > engine would work best? Thanks.
      >
      > Dave

      <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

      Boat building design Building design Building design software Home building design Commercial building design Home building design plan