933Re: Blue Bird

  • waltbald
    Feb 2, 2006
      The Atkins drew lots of boats with long shallow keels. Maybe their
      standards for pointing ability were different from yours or mine, but
      I think it's clear that they were pretty happy with how well the boats
      worked.

      I don't know of a picture of Blue Bird, but there is a picture on the
      catalog web site of Nanny-Gay, which is just a tiny bit longer wider
      and deeper. It's one of my favorites.

      best regards,

      Walter Owens

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "nnylrolyat" <nnylrolyat@...> wrote:

      > I have been admiring the Blue Bird. 18 ft with 2 ft draft and no
      > centerboard. I have concerns about whether it will sail very well
      > pointing upwind. Does anyone out there have any experience with this
      > design you could share. I would really like to see a photo of the Blue
      > Bird. The roominess of the cabin in such a small boat really appeals
      > to me, and it shouldn't be too hard to trailer. I just have concerns
      > about how well it will point. Thanks Lynn

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic