930Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Is it Atkin?

    Jan 31, 2006
      Martha Green is of pretty simple construction. She's built in the
      old-fashioned Chesapeake cross-planked style. Get your hands on Howard
      Chapelle's book Boatbuilding (still in print) for a good introduction to
      building boats the old-fashioned way. If you can find a copy, Harry
      Sucher's Simplified Boatbuilding: the V-Bottom Boat has lots of info on
      building skipjacks. But building a Martha Green is a big project, so you'd
      be wise to start with something small to learn if you like building boats.

      On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:19:52 -0800, Ivan wrote:

      > How difficult was it to make these?
      > This is the classic '50s look I have been searching for!
      > I am a newbie but I want to learn all I can about this design of
      > vessels.

      I have never seen a situation so dismal that a policeman
      couldn't make it worse. <Brendan Behan>
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic