897RE: [AtkinBoats] Dragon class cutter

  • JohnyM7@excite.com
    Jan 4, 2006
      Hi Peter, Is your boat the double-ender listed in the designs as Jabberwock? That is a salty looking cruiser. JohnM--- On Fri 12/30, peter_curwell < peter_curwell@... > wrote:From: peter_curwell [mailto: peter_curwell@...]To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.comDate: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 22:16:10 -0000Subject: [AtkinBoats] Dragon class cutterG'day Members,I am the newish owner of a Dragon class gaff topsail cutter which we sail in the Whitundays Australia. A beautiful place to sail, plenty of wind, sunshine, islands and anchorages, not too many people and boats, beautiful boat - what more could one want?Our boat Pequot is the yacht featured on the reprint of Wm Atkins story and is a good book.The yacht was built traditionally of rain forest timbers in North Queensland and we usually sail her for a week to two weeks at a time. Each time we sail we love the design more and more. She looks good, sails well and is ideal for two to sail.Happy sailing to allPeter
      Curwell No flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery. Please be polite. If you set out to build an Atkin boat, please do not modify the plans. If you stray from the plans you do so at your own risk and Atkin & Co. will take no responsibility for the performance of the resulting boat.The current Atkin boat plans catalog is online at <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

      Boat building design
      Building design
      Building design software

      Home building design
      Commercial building design
      Home building design plan

      Visit your group "AtkinBoats" on the web.

      Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com