893Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Bagaduce

    Dec 23, 2005
      I don't know how this one slipped by me, I just noticed it when I went
      looking for a recent email I'd accidentally marked as "read"...

      No, I don't have a Baby Husky (BH), but I do have a Palmer PW-27. It's a
      bit smaller and lighter than a BH, has 27 cu. in. to the BH's 25 and puts
      out 8 hp. at a screaming 2,800 rpm, compared to the BH's 6 hp. at 2,500
      rpm. The earliest mention I've seen of a PW-27 in the Atkin plans is about
      1952, but I'm sure they're older, and they made them until the early
      1970s. A PW-27 would be a good engine for a Victor Slocum and they seem to
      be easier to find than BHs. The also use Wisconsin internal parts (PW
      stands for Palmer Wisconsin) that are relatively easy to find. But I won't
      sell you mine. <g>

      On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:55:45 -0700, Dave wrote:

      > John, any of those old engines your getting a Palmer Baby Husky or
      > equivilent?
      >
      > I've got the Victor Slocum plans and would love to build her around a
      > true old marine
      > inboard as per Atkins specs.
      >
      > By the way, thanks for the booth at PT and the new catalog, its a real
      > improvment.

      No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get
      himself into jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with
      the chance of being drowned... A man in jail has more room,
      better food, and commonly better company. <Samuel Johnson>
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic