873Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: 28' Cutter FS, Seattle

  • lon wells
    Dec 2, 2005
      It would be great to know the design of this boat. Since most Atkin designs are unpublished (less than 30%) and many Atkin designs were destroyed with his office in a storm. We probably won't ever know what design this boat is.

      Atkin used this V hull hard chine hull in many boats.The cabin is the same design as Coot. The bowsprit and forward hatch is like Ensenada. Atkin would take a design and modify it per a customers request.

      My wife's sailboat, West Wind falls into this category. It has that Atkin hard chine V Hull. a cabin similar to Coot with a bowsprit.

      So more likely than not, the bowsprit, cabin and forward hatch is per design and not a deviation. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the look of this boat especially since one is setting at my dock and my wife would not like me insulting her boat.
      Lon