872Re: 28' Cutter FS, Seattle

  • waltbald
    Dec 2, 2005
      Also the coaming forward of the house is missing, and the skylight is
      an addition.

      The verbage in the yahoo group description makes it sound like the
      only problem with tinkering with the plans is that one might
      compromise the performance of the design. Perhaps it should also
      mention the risk of adding ugliness. If you ignore the deviations it's
      a very pretty boat.

      Walter Owens

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "John Kohnen" <jkohnen@b...> wrote:

      > Looks like it may very well be a Topsy with an added bowsprit and
      > Atkin-style forward hatch. I may be old-fashioned, but IMO it takes
      more
      > than just adding an extra headsail to turn a sloop into a cutter.
      <g> Nice
      > looking boat, at least from the pictures. Who's going to buy it so
      they
      > can tell us all about it? ;o)
      >
      > http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Sail/Topsy.html
      >
      > On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:17:10 -0800, sals_dad > wrote:
      >
      > > I came across this listing on ebay:
      > >
      > > ebay # 4593994205 http://tinyurl.com/9ce7b
      >
      > --
      > John <jkohnen@b...>
      > Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless they meet
      > two conditions: 1. He is a Greek; 2. He is a Fisherman <Roy
      > Blount Jr.>

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic