865Re: Wood for Bagaduce

  • Ron Carter
    Nov 25, 2005
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "John B. Trussell"
      <John.Trussell@w...> wrote:

      > There are other woods to plank with. Sassafrass works nicely and
      smells
      > good while you're working with it. Finding it can be tough.
      >
      > John t
      Lost of Sassafrass right here on my property. The problem is the tops
      blow out of them before they reach milling size and the woodpeckers
      finish them off. There is a stand of them on Lake Michigan about 100
      miles south of here. Friend bought some "on the hoof" for about $3.00
      a board foor plus cutting hauling and milling. A bit out of reach for
      a 13' skiff price wise.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic