807Re: Rescue Minor Kubota Diesel Source

  • robrohdeszudy
    Sep 14, 2005
      Hey Robb,

      Sure am glad to know you're OK.

      I kinda figured it was one of those corporate territory BS things.
      But I'll definitely scratch around for a surplus or used one. Maybe
      even just get a tractor to keep the engine and sell the parts.
      Another possibility is a water-cooled Kohler gas engine, but so far
      they seem to be as expensive as the diesel. But the weight is awesome
      at only 114 lbs.

      We'll see what I dig up, and thanks for the insight.

      Oh, I'm not sure if you saw the previous post, but I couldn't figure
      out what you used for an air purge valve. Does that need a valve to
      fill and another to purge, or do they make a valve that does both at
      the same time? I suppose it's the same as what they use on air
      shocks? Pardon my pneumatic ignorance!

      Thanks,
      --Rob

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "oldbingey" <bingey@r...> wrote:
      > Rob,
      >
      > Yeah, we are alright down here. Actually Dennis was much worse
      than
      > Katrina in this section but we are still waiting our turn.
      >
      > That engine was the D722E (called D722N then). Kubota is funny.
      They
      > have regional distributors who won't do business outside their
      > territory. Another man was inquiring into one and asked me to
      check
      > my distributor in NC and my price was higher than his in Fla. I
      > can't remember what it was but this was about three years ago and
      > maybe some $2,200 for the cheapest one. He finally searched around
      on
      > the internet and found some for less than $1500 so he bought two.
      It
      > was some surplus thing but the engines were identical to mine.
      >
      > I think you just have to scratch around. The main thing is that a
      > basic engine is much cheaper than a marinized one.
      >
      > Good luck,
      >
      > Robb
      >
      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "robrohdeszudy"
      > <robrohdeszudy@y...> wrote:
      > > Hey Robb,
      > >
      > > I hope all is well in your neck of the woods after all this
      > hurricane
      > > business. Let me know if I can help.
      > >
      > > Can you tell me where you got a Kubota engine for the price you
      got
      > it?
      > > I can't find anything under $3500! I'm assuming it was the D722E?
      > >
      > > Thanks yet again,
      > >
      > > Rob in not-so-windy Wisconsin
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic