806Re: Rescue Minor Kubota Diesel Source

  • oldbingey
    Sep 13, 2005
      Rob,

      Yeah, we are alright down here. Actually Dennis was much worse than
      Katrina in this section but we are still waiting our turn.

      That engine was the D722E (called D722N then). Kubota is funny. They
      have regional distributors who won't do business outside their
      territory. Another man was inquiring into one and asked me to check
      my distributor in NC and my price was higher than his in Fla. I
      can't remember what it was but this was about three years ago and
      maybe some $2,200 for the cheapest one. He finally searched around on
      the internet and found some for less than $1500 so he bought two. It
      was some surplus thing but the engines were identical to mine.

      I think you just have to scratch around. The main thing is that a
      basic engine is much cheaper than a marinized one.

      Good luck,

      Robb

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "robrohdeszudy"
      <robrohdeszudy@y...> wrote:
      > Hey Robb,
      >
      > I hope all is well in your neck of the woods after all this
      hurricane
      > business. Let me know if I can help.
      >
      > Can you tell me where you got a Kubota engine for the price you got
      it?
      > I can't find anything under $3500! I'm assuming it was the D722E?
      >
      > Thanks yet again,
      >
      > Rob in not-so-windy Wisconsin
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic