747Re: Question for John and Mrs. Atkins

  • Wayne
    Aug 1, 2005
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Dolph" <jdewolfe@a...> wrote:
      > Do any of the Sail designs include specs and design details for
      > hollow
      > rectangular section masts with internal halyards?

      > Mike Dolph

      I am beginning to see the forest for all of the trees. I think you
      are correct to ask if the sail plans show details of mast
      construction. Boatbuilding books will give you the generalities of
      spar construction. Each designer will provide his take on how all the
      bits go together.

      A great example are Roger Long's drawings available in the internet.

      Go to this page and scroll down to the sail plan for his 27' Pinky.

      http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/27Pinky.htm

      Wayne
      In the Swamp.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic