623Re: Building the Rescue Minor

  • Sal's Dad
    Apr 5, 2005
      I too am considering building Rescue Minor, but of aluminum. Probably not
      this year.

      For more information, I strongly recommend contacting Robb White
      (bingey@...), who built a strip-plank gold-plate modified version.
      Robb has been writing about this boat for a number of years, in Messing
      About in Boats (an otherwise reputable publication ;-) These articles, I
      believe, provide the authoritative text on Rescue Minor, but it may take
      some doing to assemble all the pieces.

      As to engine, Robb recommends the 20hp Kubota; he uses a belt drive, which
      sounds like a good idea, but I know nothing about such matters.

      I am not aware of anyone who has built the boat as designed, of sheet
      material.

      Please keep us all informed of your project,

      Curtis Betts