599Ninigret

  • mtriverdrifter
    Mar 8, 2005
      The Ninigret has caught my eye.It's beautiful, seaworthy and does
      planning speeds with low power. It looks to be everything the Handy
      Billys and Doug Hylan's derivitive are(Gosh, these boats have recieved
      a lot of attention in "WoodenBoat"), and then some. I have seen an
      advertisement for a Ninigret in same magazine by a company called
      Freedom Boat Works. I haven't recieved replies to an e-mail or have
      been able to make contact by telephone. Their's has lapstrakes (looks
      real nice), but it appears that the original did not. Does anyone know
      if Atkin's plans includes lapstrakes? Does anyone have any experience
      with this boat? I'd like to know more about expected top speed with 40
      HP Yamaha four stroke.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic