540Re: Easily driven boats (and study plans ordered)

  • Lewis E. Gordon
    Jan 19, 2005
      Jim,

      I have drooled over the plans for Martha Green for years, but the 2'
      11" draft is just a bit more than practical for the local waters and
      the cruising I plan on doing. Thanks for posting the drawings.

      Another post mentions the many virtues of "Sand Piper". This should be
      an efficient hull but the length and power requirements are both in
      excess of my requirements. I do love the slender scows/garveys type
      hulls. Hmmmmm!! From another thread, a 14% length reduction would put
      "Sand Piper" down to 26 feet.

      Lewis

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "j_freach" <j_freach@y...> wrote:

      > I just posted drawings of Martha Green in the files section under
      > motroboat drawings. Martha Green is a wonderful little Motor Sailor
      > only 24'long by 8'4" But she has full standing headroom (5'11")for
      > most people this is enough.
      >
      > I did'nt realize she was a motorsailor untill I recieved the Plans.
      > The Atkins boat site is really great but info on most of the boats is
      > a little sparse which leads to wonderful discoveries like the fact
      > that Martha Green is a Motorsailor.
      >
      > The plans call for a Atomic Four engine which puts out about 10 hp.
      > and I've found a place where you can get a rebuilt one for under $5000
      > So this boat can be built to Atkins specs and would perform as the
      > designer created her to.
      >
      > http://www3.telus.net/Atomic_4_Eng_Service/Price_Lists.html
      >
      > The link above is the site from which you can get the Atomic Four as
      > well as many other fully rebuilt old motors.
      >
      > Jim F
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic