535Re: Most Efficient Hull??

  • liokai2002
    Jan 19, 2005
      Hi Ron, think you will not find "Maderform Hulls" using Google. Dr.
      Mader is a shipwright and has a wharf called "Hycom" in Duisburg
      (Germany). Suppose there are many Hycoms in the Google world. When
      you send me your adress, I can post you some papers and pics, not
      professionally, just from one interested "hydrodymaniac" to another.
      Regards, Manfred

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald Fossum" <artemis@p...>
      wrote:
      > Thank you for your response, Manfred.
      >
      > I have heard of, and seen reference to, "Maderform" hulls - but did
      not understand the concept. Now I think it would be useful to know
      more. I used the Google search engine and looked for "Maderform
      hulls" (no results, do I want maidenform bras?) and Paul Mader (lots
      of stuff about a Paul Mader who is heavily involved in agriculture in
      3rd world areas).

      > Do you know of any websites that discuss/have information on
      Maderform hulls?

      > Many thanks.
      >
      > Ron Fossum

      computersimulations
      > (Navier-Stokes) have shown their superiority.
      >
      > Having the Maderform hulls in mind and looking at the study plans
      of
      > SAND PIPER one can find "some" similiar aspects. One might be the
      > negative deadrise at the stern. But there is more and this has to
      be
      > tested. I´ll try to get the plans of SAND PIPER ( with the help
      of
      > DUCKWORKS as they accept my Master Card ), build a down sized
      version
      > and test it here on the Baltic. In my cellar I try to twist
      sheets of
      > aircraft birch ply for a small model to gain an underwater shape
      like
      > SAND PIPER, to gain the same clever waterflow. But I`m not shure
      > succeed. Regards, Manfred
      >

      > No flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery. Please
      be polite.

      > If you set out to build an Atkin boat, please do not modify the
      plans. If you stray from the plans you do so at your own risk and
      Atkin & Co. will take no responsibility for the performance of the
      resulting boat.

      > <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

      Service.