      From: liokai2002
      To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 1:25 PM
      Subject: [AtkinBoats] Re: Most Efficient Hull??

      Hello Ron,
      indeed, I would like to do this. But this is not possible for me.
      First, the costs to run a water tank test series are very high and
      I`m retired now with no personal access.
      Second, there have been tests with similiar hulls since more than 20
      years by Dr. Paul Mader ( "Maderform" hulls ). And these hulls have
      been developed year by year and are patented now (think, I´m up to
      date). They deliver hydrodynamic lift in the after third part of the
      hull, a very smooth water behind and nearly no whorls ( vortices )
      leave the hull. I have a DVD of the last tests in Berlin which shows
      a very smooth waterflow of the hull and a very stable course.

      Meanwhile there are some ships with these Maderform hulls on the
      BODENSEE and other waterways in Germany, which have proven their
      superiority over coventional designs. But as with all new
      developments there are a lot of established people who deny the
      merits of Maderform hulls although all tests and computersimulations
      (Navier-Stokes) have shown their superiority.

      Having the Maderform hulls in mind and looking at the study plans of
      SAND PIPER one can find "some" similiar aspects. One might be the
      negative deadrise at the stern. But there is more and this has to be
      tested. I´ll try to get the plans of SAND PIPER ( with the help of
      DUCKWORKS as they accept my Master Card ), build a down sized version
      and test it here on the Baltic. In my cellar I try to twist sheets of
      aircraft birch ply for a small model to gain an underwater shape like
      SAND PIPER, to gain the same clever waterflow. But I`m not shure to
      succeed. Regards, Manfred

      Yahoo! Groups Links