      From: Leo
      To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 10:22 PM
      Subject: [AtkinBoats] Re: Most Efficient Hull??

      I suppose that this is an excellent example of why text only messaging
      has so many limitations.

      I ass-u-me'ed that my specifying a V/L of 1.0 would point everyone to
      a displacement hull. But that was obviously incorrect.

      We have folks replying with dinghy's and planning boats as examples.
      While I can't deny that these boats can be or are very efficient, I
      was actually thinking of power displacement hulls in the 25' to
      40-ish' range.

      Generally speaking - while realizing that exceptions do exist - I
      believe that a long narrow displacement hull form will be able to
      carry a larger load - read cruising supplies - longer distances with
      more comfort using less fuel than other types of boats.

      So now that I've explained my thought process a bit, I again ask -
      with some added verbage - which power displacement hull design on the
      atkin web site do you believe would be most efficient?

      Thanks - and with apologies for the earlier confusion.

      Leo