505Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Economy Ben?

    Jan 16, 2005
      A cabin like Economy Jane's will probably look better on Ben than it does
      on Economy Jane. I think Billy and John went about as tall as they dared
      with Economy Jane's cabin. Ben's extra size should handle the same height
      more gracefully.

      Don't use up too much of the cockpit with the cabin, since you will be
      spending a lot of time outside.

      On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 22:06:53 -0000, you wrote:
      > Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind, re: putting EJ's cabin and
      > interior on Ben, no other change but to make the deckhouse
      > proportionally longer, and the galley-seating area, and that's it.
      >
      > EJ's cabin looks too good to mess up by making it taller. Standing
      > headroom probably should not be a priority on so small a boat - just
      > go on deck.

      I have never seen a situation so dismal
      that a policeman couldn't make it worse. <Brendan Behan>
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic