3423Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Ninigret Power Requirements

  • David Calloway
    Aug 22, 2014

      If the weight is the same, I'd go with the highest HP in the same block. Never know when you'll have an extra 200 pounds to take along.

      Dave

      On Aug 22, 2014 4:15 PM, "jim@... [AtkinBoats]" <AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Thanks Bill and Tiernan.  The Suzuki 20 weighs 106 pounds and the 25 is 134 pounds.  The big difference is  the cubic inch displacement.  The 20 is 327cc and the 25 is 489cc.  It would appear that the 25 would pull a heavier load better than the 20.  The 25 is also the same cc as the 30 but hits the horse power at a lower rpm.  The 25 also pushes a bigger prop.  I like the 20 as it is a 2 cylinder and the 25 is a 3 cylinder engine but I would probably be better off with the 25.  Sorry, I'm thinking out loud here.

      Jim V
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic