34[AtkinBoats] Re: Sailing Skiffs

  • craig o'donnell
    Jan 25, 2004
      >Craig, is it the sailing skiff that is sloop rigged with 130sqft of
      >canvas? Oh, man! Be still my thudding heart!

      No ... from my intro to the piece:

      The skiff is Chapelle's own design, based on a craft he measured at Coan,
      Virginia. You can order large-scale plans from the Smithsonian -- #
      HIC-105. The skiff's dimensions are: 14' by 5' with draft: 1' (cb down
      2'6"). Sail area is 78 sq. ft.
      --
      Craig O'Donnell
      Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats