3398Little Silver simplified motorsailer

  • cluttonfred
    May 5, 2014

      Hi, all.  In addition to my interest in the sloops Twilight and Little Bear, I decided to get plans for Little Silver which seems like a much simpler design on many levels.  I'd be interested to hear from anyone in the group with experience with this sort of plank-and-batten construction and/or thoughts on powering this boat.  I like the two large 40 gallon fuel tanks but would likely go with a diesel engine since the lugger gasoline engines are few and far between these days.  I have also been considering putting a 9.8 hp four-stroke engine in a well but keeping the outboard rudder.  Thoughts welcome.  Cheers, Matthew