3393Caustic Detergents

  • earthseagallery
    Mar 29, 2014
      I have a question relating to cleaning products used in old wooden boats.
      I used a standard cleaning agent in warm water to wipe the walls and boards below water line of the interior of my boat some time ago and have noticed that recently some of the rivets, that have had the paint worn off them, are now starting to show signs of corrosion- that blue/green stuff. I assume that it is the caustic chemicals in the cleaning agent that has caused this.
      Question; What is the best cleaning product to use in old wooden boats?
      Cheers.