      From: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com [AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of Briton H [brithowell@...]
      Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 10:44 AM
      To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [AtkinBoats] Re: Fore An' Aft

      I would have to splice up a white oak keel, but it is an option. While looking at the idea of cutting my own lumber, I discovered a local tree that is considered white oak - Gambel oak. Also called scrub oak around here - a trash tree. Funny what you find when you approach a problem from a different angle. White oak runs about $6 a foot at the lumber yard, but I may be able to get all I want for free.

      John - What do you think about the internal/external ballast arrangement? Does it work ok, or would you prefer more outside than inside?

      This transmission is not a digital or electronic signature and cannot be used to form, document, or authenticate a contract. Hilton and its affiliates accept no liability arising in connection with this transmission.Copyright 2013 Hilton Worldwide Proprietary and Confidential
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic