      From: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com [AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of Briton H [brithowell@...]
      Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 11:02 PM
      To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [AtkinBoats] Re: Fore An' Aft

      The plans call for Yellow Pine in the keel, and a couple of other areas. SYP is a bit sparse here. Does anyone here know if Doug Fir or Juniper wold be an acceptable substitute?

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "JohnA" <jalmberg@...> wrote:

      > > I am researching gathering and milling much of the lumber and drying it myself as well.
      >
      > I think this is an under-discussed part of boat building. How to get sufficient lumber to build a boat, without going broke in the process. It sure helps to locally source your lumber, as Mr. Madison is doing with his Maid of Endor build.
      >
      > http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?128218-Building-the-Maid
      >
      > He seems to get most of his wood from his backyard ;-)

      This transmission is not a digital or electronic signature and cannot be used to form, document, or authenticate a contract. Hilton and its affiliates accept no liability arising in connection with this transmission.Copyright 2013 Hilton Worldwide Proprietary and Confidential
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic