326Re: [AtkinBoats] "Stepby" info sought

    Oct 17, 2004
      Welcome aboard dan! The earliest volume of the Ideal Series my index shows
      Stepby in is #9. My copy has a copyright date of 1927, so the boat was
      designed before then. That's probably as close as we'll get to dating
      Stepby, unless the plans exist and Mrs. Atkin sees this thread and digs them
      up so we can get the number and make a better guess, or there might even
      be a date on them somewhere...

      Stepby is a high-speed boat in spite of the sharp stern. Just look at that
      flat run! She probably wouldn't be a good choice for electric power.

      On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 02:52:56 -0000, Dan K wrote:
      > Hi All:
      >
      > I'm new here, and have known about John K's site for some time owing
      > to his Ideal Series pages, and his link to the Atkin pages. I just
      > got a "Practical Series - Vol 1" from Motor Boating today (dated
      > 1918) and inside was a loose MB plan of Stepby - doesn't appear to be
      > from the book oddly enough. I was curious to know what year that boat
      > was drawn up, and if anyone know of any examples around today. It's
      > a nice 23' double ender which might lend itself nicely to being set
      > for electric power. It's listed in a couple of the Ideal Series
      > books.

      Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
      <Mark Twain>
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic