3254Greeeting from a new group member/Question on Liza Jane

  • George Babbitt
    Jan 20, 2013

      I'm in the thinking phase of a boat project for spring, and a couple of Atkins designs have made it to my medium list.

      For skills, I've built some simple Bolger boxes and one swampscott dory.  I'd be very comfortable with skipjack construction, less so with carvel.

      On the other hand, I do want to get the boat finished and in the water within one year, and I've always wanted to learn how to stick-weld.

      Does anyone in the forum have experience with Liza Jane?  If so, would he or she mind a few questions from my end as to durability of the 12ga. plate without frames.