3245RE: [AtkinBoats] Rescue Minor For Sale
- Nov 29, 2012Asking 39k , reasonable offers considered.
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:55:30 -0800
Subject: Re: [AtkinBoats] Rescue Minor For SaleHello, Price and location?Thanks, Virgil----- Original Message -----From: magicrescueminorSent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:29 AMSubject: [AtkinBoats] Rescue Minor For Sale
If anybody is interested, I have a Rescue Minor for sale. The particulars are below. There are a few photo's on Atkin's website of MAGIC under construction and completed.
Just launched a Jericho Bay Lobster skiff.
Next project will most likely be a SPERMACETI with an outboard in a well.
19' 6" Tunnel Stern V-Bottom Seabright Skiff
Designed by William Atkin in WWII as a shallow water crash rescue boat
• Hull is composite fully encapsulated with epoxy, 2 coats High Build primer, outside hull and decks covered with 6 oz cloth
• Frames - trim grade KDAT Southern Yellow Pine
• Bronze Fastened (Yes Virginia, the shelves and deck beams are fastened with HD galvanized bolts).
• Chines and Sheer Clamps steam bent Yellow Popular
• Stem, Box Deadwood, Engine Beds all 2 inch Mahogany
• Hull planking Fir Marine plywood sides ¾ inch (two layers 3/8") , keel 1 ½ inch two layers ¾")
• Engine – Yanmar 3 GM 20 shaft HP (Engine had less than 300 hours when installed in Magic with 0 –hours on new meter.)
• New 2.61 Reduction Gear
• 13"x 12" Three Blade Bronze Prop
• Bronze Stern Tube and PYI Drip-less packing gland
• Custom Tiller Steering
• 26 Gallon welded aluminum diesel tank.
• Battery Interstate Group 27 with main switch.
• Electrical Bonding System
• All wiring connectors heat shrunk, tagged and numbered
• Two Bilge pumps - one manual and one automatic\manual.
• Florida Title and FL Registration
• Ritchie Power Damp Compass
• Garmin GPS 182 Color.
• Uniden In Dash Depth Finder
• Navigation Lights, Horn, Fuel Gauge, Rod Holders, Rod Storage Rack, Dry storage in bow
• Deck Cleats, Bow eye, Stern Lifting eyes
• New Custom built Galvanized Trailer
• Launched March 2009
This is an Ideal shallow water flats boat, Yacht Tender, Harbor Master's Launch. Fuel consumption < ½ Gallon per hour, Range in excess of 500 miles. Note this is a semi-displacement hull. The builder is a U.S. Coast Guard Licensed Captain.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>