3223Re: Elon Jessup Skiff

  • JohnA
    Aug 31 10:42 AM
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <mecheng35@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > Anyone built this design or currently building it? I have been reviewing the huge number of skiff designs available, and this is one that has caught my eye. I like the lines, the flared bow, and I am not in a hurry; 8-12mph would be just fine for pottering around and fishing. I have an older (2 Stroke) short shaft Merc 7.5 that looks like it mught be a good match for this hull.
      > Cheers
      > Rich

      Probably not, but it is very similar to many other Atkin designs. There's a lot of experience here and on the Wooden Boat forum that you can draw on that will be applicable.

      If you're interested, here is a list of books and articles by the original Elon Jessup, who lived in Huntington (my home town) where W. Atkin had his first boat shop.

      http://www.unz.org/Author/JessupElon
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic