3190Shoals Runner project

  • Robert
    Jul 9 7:00 AM
      Hello All,
      I have begun to loft the Shoals Runner lines. I am going to build a scale model, 1 1/2 inch to the foot ( will be 33 inches long) before I begin the boat build. I am doing this so I can figure out the build schedule.

      The boat and model will be built bottom up on molds on a strongback.

      The boat will be a plywood cored fiberglass composite.

      Using Dave Geer's 'Boat Strength' book I am working out the scantlings for the boat.

      For anyone interested; I started a Photo album 'Shoals Runner project' in the Photos file. I will try to take pictures and post them as I make progress.
      Thanks and have fun, Bob Rogers
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic