3173Building of the Sprite

  • brewsnbees
    May 4, 2012
      Hello, just joined the group - name is John. I just completed and launched the 15 foot, flat bottom Atkins skiff "Sprite" after one year in the shop. I am retired (19 years) from the custom woodwork business and recently built two cedar strip canoes, but wasn't prepared for the work it would take to build a lapstrake boat. It is built of catalpa and sassafras wood which I cut down and made into lumber the year before. I now have a deeper appreciation for the people who build boats, of any kind. Take a look at the build at www.tinyurl.com/jb-sflatbottom.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic