317Re: comparing three designs

  • Lewis E. Gordon
    Oct 6, 2004
      AD,

      Ouch! Your winter storage requirements may limit your construction
      method choices. Conventional plank on frame will certainly present a
      challenge to prevent severe drying out over the winter. Are any of
      your choices lap strake construction? As much as I personally dislike
      the idea of cutting big pieces of wood into little strips just to put
      them back together again, strip planking a design based for plank on
      frame should not be too big a deal. Cold molding would be an expensive
      alternative.

      Lewis

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "adharvey2" <cen67858@c...> wrote:

      > Forgot to mention - whatever I build will have to sit out the winter
      > on a trailer at 10 - 20 below zero and 10% relative humidity.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic