3139Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: shore liner plans

  • John Almberg
    Dec 6 6:30 PM
      Not sure where you live, but in the US I live in, no cop is ever going to take out a tape measure and check that 8". I'd build it as designed and take my chances.

      -- John

      On Dec 6, 2011, at 8:29 PM, matthew c wrote:

      Well the plans are here, and they aren't as bad as i thought they might be. as for building it does seem that you shouldn't try these boats if you have no experience. as they do not give much in the way of construction help. This will be a project if i go forward with it. will have to convert to plywood construction and narrow the boat 8 inches to make it legal for trailoring in this state. that shouldnt be too difficult. am thinking 1/2 inch bottom/sides and decks with 3/4 inch frames. (all marine grade of course)

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic