3133Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: shore liner plans

  • huttbldr@aol.com
    Dec 4, 2011
      I have the Russell R plans. 2 sheets plenty of info. I was very surprised how accurate they were. Very little fairing was needed

      In a message dated 12/4/2011 4:37:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, dgerstel@... writes:

      My wife and I have the Atkin Vixen design.  5 sheets. more than enough for a good builder. That's the key.
      In the old days, a builder who knew his trade had no difficulty. Today, best be careful.

      On 12/4/2011 7:49 AM, oceannavagator wrote:

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "matthew c" <cookmatt67@...> wrote:

      > Was wondering if someone could give me the lowdown on atkins plans? are they very detailed? what do the generally include? that sort of thing.....

      Matthew,
      Atkin's plans are very detailed in terms of what a boatbuilder needs to build a boat. In terms of recent designers attempt to ease the job by including full size patterns, carpentry lessons and stitch and glue schemes, not so much. You should be able to work from a table of offsets, draw out the hull full size and take your patterns off of the loft floor. I have no idea of how much consulting is available from company but much information can be obtained here.
      Mike