3098Re: Building Ninigret

  • tiernan roe
    Sep 16, 2011
      Hi Bill,
      A long shaft isn't out of the question for a Ninigret. It will mean
      that you'll have to raise the height of the transom to set the
      ventilation plate at the right level. This then pushes the power head
      higher which means the top of the engine cover is higher. This is
      probably a moot point as a 40 hp motor is going to be too to fit in
      the covered well as designed. The covered well is one of the reasons I
      was attracted to the Ninigret in the first place and it makes a huge
      difference in reducing noise from the engine. You literally can't hear
      if the engine is idling with the cover closed and at WOT there is no
      need for raised voices in the cockpit. I had to raise the height of the
      well on the Ninigret I built. I also increased the camber of the deck
      in the stern to minimise the adverse visual effect this could have.
      Hope this is helpful. I used a short shaft Honda 30 hp and it works
      great.
      Regards,
      Tiernan
      Tiernan Roe,
      Roeboats,
      Corravoley,
      Ballydehob,
      Co.Cork.
      t: +353 (0)28 38973
      m: +353 (0)86 158 6937
      www.roeboats.com
      Building, repairing and restoring beautiful boats for people who love
      boats.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic