3071Re: [AtkinBoats] 10' Lapstrake Sailing Dinghy "Vintage"

  • John Almberg
    Aug 5, 2011
      Heck, in a Tideway, every sail across the bay will feel like a long distance voyage!

      You should check out Margaret Dye's "Dinghy Cruising" (http://www.amazon.com/Dinghy-Cruising-Margaret-Dye/dp/0713679344/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312577604&sr=8-1), and Frank Dye's "Open Boat Cruising", if you are serious about the 'long distance' part of your plan. I thought we were talking the occasional overnighter.

      A boat doesn't have to look (and sail) like a tank to be sea worthy. The above book will give you some ideas you might not have considered, yet. Always best to consult an expert before jumping into the deep end. The Dyes were the experts in what you are talking about.

      -- John

      On Aug 5, 2011, at 2:42 PM, thirdbluestreaksamurai wrote:

      Thank you guys for the leads. I like the "Scamp" and the "Bahama Dinghy" and I plan on building a long distance cruiser out of selway's "Tideway"

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "thirdbluestreaksamurai" <cmetzbower@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone built this design yet? I was also thinking about building it with a full keel instead of a centerboard.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic