3067Re: 10' Lapstrake Sailing Dinghy "Vintage"

  • thirdbluestreaksamurai
    Aug 4, 2011
      My plan is to build a micro cruiser out of it. Something small, sturdy, stable and almost tank-like that I can stay a night or two on or sail and camp for a weekend. I want more space inside so a forward stepped mast made sense plus I want a shallow draft without a centerboard box to take up space. I would prefer 10-12 feet and no lee-board. I know it sounds crazy and impracticable but that's part of the fun of it.

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "thirdbluestreaksamurai" <cmetzbower@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone built this design yet? I was also thinking about building it with a full keel instead of a centerboard.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic