3056Re: [AtkinBoats] 10' Lapstrake Sailing Dinghy "Vintage"

    Jul 29, 2011
    I've had the pleasure of trying out Dave's Magic Wing a couple of times.
    She's a very nice boat, and rows and sails well; she's a much more useful
    and capable boat than you'd expect for a 10' dinghy. Vintage isn't just a
    tender for a larger boat, she's enough boat to go off adventuring on her
    own, as Dave has done. A very good design.

    I wouldn't recommend replacing the daggerboard with a fixed keel. It would
    reduce Vintage's sailing ability and make her harder to handle on a beach.
    The daggerboard trunk doesn't get in the way very much, as I remember.
    Magic Wing handled just fine with two big guys in her. Dave often sails
    with his wife along.

    --
    John (jkohnen@...)
    Sailing intensifies life. (Sir Francis Chichester)