3021Re: Help with offsets

  • Billy
    May 1, 2011
      First off, I really like how he drew the sheerline, and, I love the great flare up front in the topsides combined with the narrow bottom forward and I'll bet that it'll be a husky looking skiff when finished. I like the sternsheets too, looks classy. Good size and decent speed potential. I don't like the sheerline on Punch plus it doesn't have that nice, flare up front. Sprite was a close second but I was afraid it wouldn't fit the bill ( and his family ;) ). I love to take my dog with me on the water too, so wanted a little extra room. Other, intangable things too. You know how a boat just reaches out and grabs you. Thats the reason for so many different designs I guess. I just think it's a real nice looking skiff overall. I can't really find anything about it that I don't like. Oh you know if I had the room and money it would have been Haven all the way. Might take me the remainder of my life but man, thats a great design, love that boat.
      Thanks for the encouragement and offer of help, I'm sure I'll need it at some point.

      > Good man! :o) I think you'll find that lofting the boat will teach you
      > something about how will go together, and the full size drawing will
      > easily supply you with the shapes and bevels of various parts of the boat.
      > If you have any questions feel free to ask me, either here or privately.
      > Just out of curiosity, what attracted you to Elon Jessup more than the
      > other Atkin outboard skiffs?
      > On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 15:55:35 -0700, Billy wrote:
      > > Thanks John K. I will build this boat. The more I look at it the more I
      > > likes it. You're right, I just need to slow down a bit. I have built
      > > several boats before but there was no lofting involved.
      > --
      > John (jkohnen@...)
      > Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless they meet
      > two conditions: 1. He is a Greek; 2. He is a Fisherman (Roy
      > Blount Jr.)
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic