2941Re: Decisions Decisions

  • sailboat_41
    Mar 13, 2011
      Thank-you Pablo for the link. I have looked at his designs and a couple are nn my consideration list. I also already have study plans for the Itchen Ferry and might get more.

      But being and posting on THIS list, I am lookng for sugesstions, like the Vixen, etc - pros and cons. People's views and experiences (if any) within my criteria.

      Also looking for ideas I may not have considered for my selection cristeria.

      Thanks! =)
      Greg

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Pablo Besser <pbesser@...> wrote:

      > look at gartside boats
      > http://www.gartsideboats.com/
      >

      > 2011/3/12 sailboat_41 <rapierguy@...>
      >

      > > Good day one and all;
      > >
      > > I am new here (though I have been reading the posts on and off for a long
      > > time. I've recently re-discovered the beauty of Atkin's sailboats and know
      > > that I will be building one.... which one I am not sure!
      > >
      > > I am looking at the Gaff cutters in the 25-32' range. I love "Fore an' Aft"
      > > and the like. I just came across photos on the website of "Gay Head". Are
      > > the plans not for sale because they don't exist, or maybe they were for a
      > > private sale? It's another lovely ship with lines and sail plan that I would
      > > consider.
      > >
      > > The "Ben Bow" is a refinement of "Fore an' Aft" if I undestand the webpage.
      > > Do people think she is a better ship?
      > >
      > > Thoughts on "Tallyy Ho"?
      > >
      > > or of course any thoughts in general. I will be sailing 90% the Great Lakes
      > > from day sailing to weekend, and several week holiday sails.
      > >
      > > thanks for the great group here!
      > > Greg
      > > Kingston, ON
      > >

      > --