284Re: Displacement for America Junior and Silver Heels

  • chriskottaridis
    Aug 9, 2004
      Thanks for looking into it. I want to be able to move it from
      one reservoir to another a couple of times during the season.
      The reservoirs here are pretty small, so seven months or so
      at the same location gets a bit old. I would like moving it
      to not be any bigger of a production then is necessary.

      The 7000 lbs puts it right at the limit of my towing capability.
      I may not be able to get that into the mountains without
      upgrading my tow vehicle, which would be more expense.
      I was hoping to stay under 6000 lbs, which would have put it at
      more then 33% ballast to displacement. I wouldn't mind cold-molding
      it to make it lighter and reduce ballast and sail area
      proportionately, but I certainly am not qualified to make that
      kind of a change.

      Again, thanks for the info.

      Chris Kottaridis (chrisk@...)
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "holzboat" <holzboat@a...> wrote:
      > There doesn't seem to be displacement figures given for many of the
      > Atkin's designs. I looked through several of the Ideal Series books
      > with no results. I've looked through several other designers plans
      > for similar sized boats and am going to guess that 7000 lbs. would
      be
      > a reasonable number to work with.
      >
      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "holzboat" <holzboat@a...>
      wrote:
      > > The displacemant is not mentioned in the article about "Live
      > Yankee"
      > > or in the plans published for "America Junior" or "Silver Heels".
      > > haven't yet found the first article I mentioned about "Siver
      Heels"

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      > > > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "holzboat" <holzboat@a...>
      > > There