2688Re: Eric

  • Brandon F
    Mar 20, 2010
      If you like Atkin double enders, you can't beat Valgerda. Of course I'm a little biased. It's a big project for a fist time builder, but you can do it in a regular-sized garage and when you get done you have a very capable boat.

      You could also look around for a used Atkin Ingrid. Bluewater Boats cranked out 50 or so back in the early '80s. They are beautiful boats and in fiberglass, which is a heck of a lot easier to maintain when you get into that size of boat. I know what all you wooden boat types are thinking right now. Save it. I've had them both. Anything over 20 feet needs to be made out of fiberglass.

      Note to Alan: Great job on Rhapsody in Glue! That's a big project.

      Brandon
      http//:valgerda.blogspot.com
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic