2687River Belle takes shape

  • Alan Boman
    Mar 19, 2010
    Hi All,

    Those who have been members of this Group for some time may recall that I
    started building the bigger version of Atkin's Tunnel Stern, "River Belle",
    some time back.

    By way of an update, after eighteen months the hull is now finished and we
    turned it "sunny side up" last week - it's quite a sight.....

    Mr William's design specified sawn frames and double diagonal planking of
    course, but we have used epoxy & marine ply on sacrificial station moulds
    and it has come out very well. We also made the sides curved for clinker
    planking (sorry John!) and that too, looks really good.

    I have attached a couple of photos for those interested and I have been
    maintaining a construction log at http://riverbelle.boman.biz as well if you
    want all the really gory details together with lots more photos.

    Now for the fitting out......

    Alan
    Adelaide, South Australia
  • Show all 13 messages in this topic