2654Re: MotorSkiff

  • DanielC
    Mar 1, 2010
      a little later than we planned we are starting this week. Thanks for the input we are looking for a smaller motor now We were given the other one but lighter is better and we need the boat done for the first day of fishing season LOL

      Dan

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Hesselink" <quietboats@...> wrote:

      > Dan, I'm gonna agree with John here. There is little hope of that
      > design planing so I'd guess that 1 HP electric is all you will need
      > to push to hull speed. I too have been looking at the MotoSkiff for
      > electric power--won't get to it for a while yet as there are plenty
      > of projects ahead on the list in need of a check mark. I wish you
      > the best with the boat. Keep us all informed of progress.
      >
      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "John Kohnen" <jkohnen@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thats a mighty big motor to
      be putting in MoToSkiff! She's designed
      > for
      > > small, light engines like the about 1 3/4 hp. B&S model A. Sixteen
      > Too
      > > would better handle the power, and the weight of the batteries. I
      > think 8
      > > hp. electric would be too much for Sixteen Too, too, for that
      > matter...
      > > People use electric motor that size for powering pretty sizeable
      > boats!
      > >
      > > On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 05:08:31 -0800, Dan wrote:
      > >
      > > > I dont think anyone has built one of these little guys in quite a
      > few
      > > > years My 8 year old son and I will be starting one soon we will be
      > > > powering it with am 8hp 48v electric motor. It will be used for
      > > > trolling for big trout here in Connecticut, any input from other
      > > > builders would be greatly appreciated
      > > > thanks
      > >
      > > --
      > > John <jkohnen@>
      > > A belief which leaves no place for doubt is not a belief; it is
      > > a superstition. <Jose Bergamin>

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic