2580Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Scaling up

  • Greg Haff
    Dec 13, 2009
      MasterCam (standard and light) have a scaleing. So would AutoCad. Most computer drawing program would have that as part of it's program. The hard part is getting the program to open your file format. But I would use a program for boat designing for all the extra questions that would come up.
      Any body need a widget.
      Greg

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 12, 2009, at 2:35 PM, "Alan Boman" <alan@...> wrote:

      The freeware hull modelling software “FreeShip” (now called Delftship) has a scaling function.

      You can enter your Offsets Table to produce a “wireframe” view of your hull and then scale it up or down to suit your purposes.  The software will then give you a new Offsets Table and stats such as displacement, wetted area, drag etc etc.

      I haven’t tried it except to note that the function exists in the program, but it might be fun to explore. It might give you some idea of whether it’s a proposition anyway …… (Bit of a learning curve to use FreeShip however L)

      Alan