2510Re: Sallie Hyde - which set of lines for this engine?

  • thehomecrafter
    Nov 1, 2009
      I realize that this engine will need components - alternator, bell housing, transmission, cooling....
      It may be better to ask a different question with a new thread title.
      "Choosing a fishing boat design based on an engine"
      Thanks for the reply - please see new thread!

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "titanicslim" <titanicslim@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > This size and type of engine will work well for lower speeds in Sallie
      > Hyde. What will you use for a transmission? You have noticed this is
      > an industrial motor, right?
      >
      > There are various types of linkages that people have used to avoid the
      > high cost of a marine engine w/transmission, but you'd better have this
      > thoroughly thought-out or it will be a constant pain in the what is
      > this.
      >
      > Dave
      >

      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "thehomecrafter" <thehomecrafter@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > The Sallie Hyde plans come with two sets of lines; one for speeds of
      > up to 10 mph, and one for up to 16 mph.
      > > I'm considering this engine for a displacement/semi-displacement
      > fishing boat in the 20'range (copy and paste):
      > https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009090719235340&item=28-1684\
      > &catname=engines
      > >
      > > My 2 questions are:
      > > Is this enough engine for the Sallie Hyde?
      > > If so, does anyone know which set of lines would be the better choice
      > for this engine?

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic